Friday, August 19, 2011

Post 10K Update

Hi Friends,

Guess what!  I'm still alive and kicking.  Or, I guess I should say, alive and running! 

I inadvertently decided to take a month off, due to a very hectic schedule of birthday parties, a 25th high school reunion (Go Broken Arrow Tigers Class of 1986!), an extended vacation at my in-laws (which included painting their house for a very generous sum of money), several trips to the zoo, tons of swimming (thanks to our very sweet neighbors who let us use their pool A LOT) and many inside playdates to beat the heat! 

The blogging hiatus is over now, though.  School has started, and I now only have one child at home all day.  I should be able to find the time to write something down on a more regular basis!

So here's what's been going on concerning my running: 

At the end of my last post on July 11th., I mentioned that I would be running my 10k on Friday, July 15th. and that I would let you know how it went!

Well, it went GREAT - better than expected.  Or, rather, better than I expected.  Turns out, my hubby had no doubts that I was going to crush it!  And I did, posting a time of 56.35 (roughly 9-minute miles).  Now, I know that's not breaking any records, but it's pretty darn good for this 43-year-old gal, who has only been running for a few months!

I do have to interject right here and now, though, that I was reluctant to "bring it!"  In fact, the night before  "race day," my hubby gave me the pep talk that this was, indeed, going to be a "race," that I needed to treat it that way, that I needed to push myself, that I owed it to myself to "see what I could do."

So, I did!  I ran my little heart out.  It was exhilirating, challenging and fun.  I am now very confident about what lies ahead!  I'll keep you posted.

Happy trails,
Missi

No comments: