Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 107

Oh yeah, I have a blog, don't I!!!  Sorry, it has been almost a week since my last post.  These summer days are going by so fast!

Here's what's been on my mind for the last few weeks!  I am not getting any leaner.  I have stalled out at 120 lbs., which I'm very happy with, so don't think I'm complaining because my ice cream's cold. :-)  But, for some reason, I was thinking that as I got closer to my 10k goal (which is only two weeks away), I would magically see my problem area (my soft mid-section) magically disappear!  Well, it hasn't, and I have to admit that I have been gauging my fitness on what I see in the mirror and on the scale, which is exactly what I did not want to do when I started this thing on March 14th.  I wanted to be the Joyful Jogger, and, by golly, that is what I'm going to be!

Heck!  Just last month, I ran for 30 minutes straight, and this past Friday, I ran for 50 minutes.  This coming Friday, I am scheduled to run for 60!  Can I do it . . .NO SWEAT!  (Well, there actually will be because, as it turns out, this gal sweats like a man when she runs!)  I guess I should have said . . .Piece of Cake (which sounds really good right now.   Too bad I just had a bowl of cereal!)

That being said, I just so happened to run across the following quote the other day when I was feeling disappointed and unaccomplished, and it made me feel inspired and motivated.  I hope it does the same for you!

"My fitness is close to where it needs to be, and I have time, so I'm running with serenity and confidence and letting the improvements come to me."

- Kara Goucher, American long-distance runner (bio or blog)

No comments: