Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 63

As I type this on the eve of my last week of this 8-week running program, I am excited to say that I have followed this schedule to the letter.  Whatever it said to do on that day, I did - no questions asked!   I believe that the program is setup for success, just the way it is, and I have seen it turn people into runners of merit!

I say all of that to say this!  The last few runs of last week, I was tempted to veer of the schedule, and by veer, I mean that I felt the urge to just run the 30 minutes already (ahead of schedule).  I mean, heck, I'm running 26 minutes at a time right now; why not just skip the 1-minute walk and power through?  I'll tell you why . . . 'cause "Simon didn't say!"

That's right.  I'm going to stay the course and feel the joy, just like I planned back on March 14th!

Until next time,
Missi

No comments: