Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 77

Okay, so I just finished my first week of the new program that is geared to prepare me for a 10k. 

I have to say that, although the first few days were rough, I really enjoyed the last couple of days - 30 minutes at 140 bpm yesterday and 30 minutes at 130 bpm today!  Interestingly, I really had to work at it, from time to time, to get down into the 130s!  It's hard to slow down - NEVER thought I'd ever say that about running!  Weird but cool!

During my run today, it occurred to me that running 30 minutes is my baseline now, when just a few short weeks ago, it was my goal.  That's what these conditioning programs do.  They meet you where you are and take you where you want to go, IF you put in the time and do your best!

Can't wait to see how next week goes!
'-) Missi

No comments: