Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 69

I meant to write this post yesterday but didn't get around to it, so here goes!

Yesterday morning, I woke to the sound of thunder and the pitter-pat of steady rainfall!  It was awesome in every way, except for running.  You see, for the past month, I have been getting up at 6:15 am for my run.  Since I am a naturally early riser, it just made sense for me to greet the day with exercise.  It's also early enough so that I can get showered and ready before the kids ever get up! 

Well, that was not the case today.  I would just have to wait for a break in the weather to squeeze in my run.  That's okay; I can roll with it!  Luckily, my husband's Grampa Adcock's saying about rain ("If it starts before 7, it will end by 11") proved true once again.  The rain literally stopped at 11:00 am.  Weird, but I'll take it!

So off I went.  The weather was fresh and clean, which I really liked, but I do have to say that I was initially a little miffed at all of the puddles!  Boy, what does that say about me?  When did puddles turn from something I longed for after a rain to something that I was desperately trying to avoid?  What am I, dead inside!

For the rest of my run, I tried to embrace the puddles, literally and figuratively, and that made it much more joyful!

Happy splashing!
;-) Missi

No comments: