Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 13

Let's talk underwear!!

Normally, when I run, I use that time for prayer or just time alone with God, but today was different, very different.  I just let my mind wander.  It was fun, a little bit silly and just the distraction I needed.  One of the random things that kept "creeping up" in my thoughts was "underwear!"

Now, the following comments are meant for the ladies, so I apologize to my male readers for this candid talk about my "unmentionables," so read on at your own risk. ;-)

Here goes:  On March 14th, when I started this exercise program, I weighed myself so that I could record my baseline; I did not want to gauge my success by the scale.  I wanted to be able to feel a difference in the comfort of my clothes.  Well, I am happy to report that I have just started the third week and can definitely feel a difference. . .primarily in my underwear.  Can I get an Amen! 

Ladies, you know what I am talking about.  When you're a little bit "fluffier" than you want to be, you might buy bigger pants and shirts, but you rarely alter your underwear/bra size; therefore, you wear that same old skinny underwear that bites into your hip flesh or rolls down the flabby spot that used to be your waistline!  It's uncomfortable, to say the least!  And don't even get me started on the "bra flab!"

Well, I am here to tell you that, as of today, my underwear fits, and I have not had to readjust my bra even once (except to secure my heart rate monitor!)  I have clearly lost some inches, and I believe that this is just the beginning!

Many blessings,
Missi

No comments: