Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 18

Hi Friends,

I let yesterday get away before I had a chance to sit down and write my thoughts.  Did ya miss me? ;-) Well, I'm back, and here's today's little nugget of joy!

On your next "walk" day, try taking a walk with your kids.  It was fun to discover that their version of what to do on a leisurely walk is much different from mine, and I quite enjoyed that!

For example, my 6-year-old was very reluctant to go on the walk with me and showed it by huffing and sighing quite a bit early on, but, being the nature girl that she is, she started finding "treasures" along the way that she could add to her nature collection.  She also had a lot of fun looking at the clouds!  It made the 30 minutes go by quickly (for her and for me!) ;-)

And as for the 2-year-old, well, he just likes to be wherever I am.  Usually, he is very quiet on walks and just soaks up the scenery, but today, he wanted to sing (or, rather, have someone sing to him)!  So, my walk time went by even faster because I was busy trying to come up with all of his favorite songs.

It was very fun and very joyful, and you could tell it had a positive impact on the evening's activities.

Until next time,
Missi

No comments: