Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 8

Okay, so today was a little bit off kilter for me, so I was not able to go for the 30-minute walk, but what I did instead was go to the park.

Guess what!  Going to the park can burn a lot of calories when you actually play with your children, instead of spending time trying to find the park bench with the best vantage point from which to watch your children.

Turns out; it's a lot of fun to swing, go down slides, skin the cat, climb and do the monkey bars - that's right, the monkey bars.  They look easy, but have you tried to swing your whole body weight (over and over again), one-arm-at-a-time, since you were 12?  My guess is no ;-)   You should try it, though; it's very humbling!

As I reflect over the day, I have to say that I learned two important things:  1.  My kids LOVE for me to play with them at the park and 2.  I'm going to be sore tomorrow!

Until next time,
Missi

No comments: