Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 6

I did it!  I successfully completed my very first week of the Run/Walk schedule!  I must say that I was pleasantly challenged by the exercise.  It really was fun!

My heart rate stayed in the appropriate zone, which is to say that I was burning calories but not overtaxing myself!  I feel adequately conditioned for the challenge that next week’s schedule has to offer.  I will be running for 2 minutes and walking for 1 minute, 10 times, which is the opposite of this week.

One thing I have found though is that I desperately need to stretch really well after each run, while my muscles are still warm and supple; if I don’t, my hip-flexors cease up, and my lower back gets stiff.  Other than that, I feel great, both physically and psychologically.  Hope you do too!

Until next time,
Missi

No comments: