Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 25

Here's a little something that I have known about myself for most of my life but have had a hard time admitting:  I don't like to try new things if I don't already think that I am going to be good at them!  Sounds weird, I know, but that's who I am!

Well, I don't really want that to be who I am anymore.  It's very limiting; it's not very fun; it robs me and others of joy and it's not really a behavior that I want to model for my children!

That being said, I tried something completely new today and did something super awesome:  I caught a fly ball!!!  For those of you reading this who know me intimately, this is huge.  Way back in the day, when I was eight and deciding what sport I wanted to play, I chose soccer because I knew that I was fast and that the ball was big and "softish."  I was terrified to play softball because a hard ball (yes, softballs are hard) being hurled at me at break-neck speed was extremely unappealing!

Turns out; it's super fun and quite a sense of accomplishment to catch and field a baseball (which is all we have for a hard ball right now), and it was incentive enough for my 6-year-old (who can already throw and catch like a pro) to catch her first fly ball as well!

I hope we can do it again tomorrow!

:-) Missi

No comments: