Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 29

Okay, so I've been running around my neighborhood for the past 4 weeks, and it has been a wonderful experience. 

I have enjoyed this exploration of my neighborhood.  I've counted the well-manicured lawns.  I've taken note of who parks in the street.  I've veered off the original loop in hopes of finding a hidden park nestled in the far reaches of our subdivision (to no avail).  I've watched the trees turn from bare branches, to blossoms, to leaves, and I've even seen God's amazing sunrise promise and felt His sunset kiss, all in the confines of my safe little neighborhood!

It's been great, to say the least, BUT it wasn't enough for today!  I needed something more.  I needed to get out of my comfort zone.  Guess what I did?  I left the neighborhood!  I became a stoplight jogger.  I made eye contact with other joggers.  I made it home in one piece, and I'll probably do it again!

I can't wait till next time!
Missi

No comments: