Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 30

Yesterday evening, I had the opportunity to take my 4-year-old on a bike (with training wheels) ride.  Since she is getting so good at steering, controlling her speed, staying close to the curb and managing the brakes, I found myself more of an observer this time than a participant (except when we came to a busy intersection).

I say that to say this.  While in this "observer" state, I allowed myself the pleasure of looking around, just because.  That is not normal for me. 

Usually, I am that person who is not very observant of my surroundings.  I can't tell you how many times people have said, "We were right next to you at the stoplight, waving, but you didn't see us!"  And, just the other day, my husband knew the route that I was going to take durnig my run, so he decide to cheer me on with some high kicks and other "fancy" moves.  Well, I'll have to take his word for it because I DIDN'T SEE IT!  I had my eyes focused on something much more exciting - the pavement!

As I alluded to earlier, I did not suffer from this affliction yesterday evening, and I am so thankful that my eyes landed on the most interesting cluster of Irises that I have ever seen.  Now, Irises are a relatively common sight in the Oklahoma landscape, but they are usually purple, yellow or white, not so with the ones I saw yesterday.  I would attempt to describe them, but I'll let the picture speak for itself!


Odd and beautiful, huh!
Missi

No comments: