Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 47

Okay, as I have alluded to in previous entries, I have made some changes in my overall diet, mostly because I want to have a healthy relationship with food, which is the ONLY way for me to have a sustainable, healthy lifestyle! 

Until a few years ago, I literally could eat anything I wanted, whenever I wanted, and never really gain any weight.  That is not the case now, and, at first, it just galled me to know that, if I wanted to be a leaner, healthier me, I was going to have to alter my eating habits. Yikes!  That sounded too much like a DIET, which made me feel lonely and overweight.

So here's what I have been doing, instead, that seems to work.  I am eating a lot of lean meat with vegetables.  I am also eating carbs BUT without fat (ex. pasta with tomato sauce, cereal w/skim milk, flavored rice, oatmeal, fruit).  And, I am not completely depriving myself of a special treat if an occasion presents itself (a doughnut with my daughter at school, some Easter candy, etc.)  Everything in moderation!

Also, the running schedule has kept me honest, to a degree!  I have noticed that on the days I "splurge" a little, my run seems hard from the "get go!"  So, I don't splurge very often.  My body is becoming accustomed to being treated with respect, and THAT is joyful!

Blessings,
Missi

No comments: